HAVE YOU EVER WANTED TO LEARN HOW TO PHOTOGRAPH A FASHION MODEL AND LEARN TO RETOUCH A BEAUTIFUL FASHION IMAGE FOR YOUR PORTFOLIO?
-2-Day Beginner Workshop -2-Amazing Sets -2-Beautiful Models
Learn to Pose, Shoot and Retouch a fashion model image professionally, from start to finish. Use these techniques in any kind of portrait session.
· Day 1 - Sculpting with Light – On Location Studio Fashion Shoot
- Off Camera Flash, Reflectors, learn how to use a pocket wizard (provided). Saturday 9/14 - 1:00 - 6:00 PM (30 min break, drinks provided)
· Day 2 – Photoshop Fashion Retouching Techniques
- Portrait & Glamour Retouching Techniques – Sunday 9/15 1:00 – 6:00 PM (30 min break, drinks provided)
TWO Amazing Sets! TWO Amazing Models!
- Military WWII Half-Track - featuring a Sexy Female Soldier
- 1940 Red Ford Pickup Truck - featuring Glamour Girl Next Door
Beautiful VACAVILLE location, disclosed upon payment.
– DSLR Camera with lens (35 to 100 mm range) – must have hot shoe (for use of pocket wizard which will be provided).
– Laptop with Photoshop CS5 or CS6 (wifi available if you have the Creative Cloud). If you don't have Photoshop, you can download a FREE trial version here.
Optional (Helpful but not needed):
– Pocket Wizard Transceiver II (for Any Camera hotshoe) or Pocket Wizard TT5 (Nikon ver.)
– Imagenomic Portraiture (Photoshop Software Plug-in) Click here for FREE trial
– Nik Color Efex (Photoshop Software Plug-in) Click here for 15 day FREE trial
– OnOne Software (Photoshop Software Plug-in) Click here for 30 day FREE trial
(Note: If you choose to download free trials above please be sure software is installed and works prior to class as there will not be time for technical support. This software will be demonstrated but not required for class.)
Day 1 - This step-by-step, hands-on instructional class is intended to teach the beginner basic studio lighting techniques focusing on learning how to pose a model in flattering studio light using soft boxes and reflectors (provided).
Day 2 - You will select your favorite image from Day 1 to retouch step by step with the instructor during the class on your own laptop. You will leave with a finished beautifully retouched image from our shoot, learning expert retouching techniques in Photoshop along the way. Specialty filters will be demonstrated by the instructor to showcase how to get exquisite polished results. This class will focus on taking one image full circle starting by capturing it in the camera, posing techniques with the model, lighting it well and then finishing it professionally in post production using Photoshop CS5 or CS6. This class is offering organized, individualized hands on instruction to learn lighting and posing techniques. (Not meant to be a freestyle photo shoot). There will be a time to practice the techniques, but the focus will be on instruction.
The Photoshop portion of the class on Day 2 will be delivered in a classroom setting, if you do not have the required software or laptop you may share with a neighbor and watch the demonstration on large screen projection but you may not have time to practice the techniques. Plenty of time for questions and answers and personalized help. This class is not meant to learn everything about Photoshop – it has a targeted goal to learn the techniques to professionally retouch one glamour image from start to finish, so you will leave with a portfolio quality image.
Class size – 25 person limit - RSVP - 5 person minimum per day to hold the class.
Two Day Workshop Price $150
NOTE: If you want to attend only one of the two days, please send an email to [masked] with a request for the day you would like to attend. Please include your phone number.
One Day Workshop Price $80
No refunds for cancellations made within 10 days of the workshop, although substitutions will be permitted. Refunds will not be available for registrants who do not attend the workshop.
We expect this event to fill up fast and it will not be repeated. Hold your spot today!
This is a Hands on Workshop – One Time Only - Special Engagement Offered by visiting Los Angeles Fashion Photographer / Retouch Artist- Karen Vaisman
Specializing in Fashion, Glamour and Portraits her art and photography are expressive and imaginative with an underlying classical style. Her experience spans working with Hollywood models, actors, and Beverly Hills designers along with photographing Fashion Week in Los Angeles. Her work focuses on sculpting with light, delivering exquisitely posed images created with finely-detailed post production and digital painting techniques. Careful model selection, hat couture, wardrobe and set styling are prominent in her imagery. She has honed her creativity over 30 years as a Professional Photographer & Retouch Artist and is here to share it with all of you for this very special limited engagement, 2 - Day workshop.
See Karen's work at http://www.karenvaismanphotography.com/ (portraiture)